Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ordering your portrait...

You can order an original 8x10 coloured pencil portrait drawn by myself from your photographs.

I primarily use Derwent Artist coloured pencils on Windsor and Newton 100lb smooth heavy Cartridge paper

I need at least one very clear picture of your pet, ideally a picture you already love as a photo, but that would look lovely as a professionally drawn portrait.

To date I have been commissioned to draw dogs (bull terriers, Dalmatians, king Charles spaniels and more) cats, horses and even a guinea pig! If you have an unusual pet that you would like me to draw just ask, I'm always up for a challenge!

If you don't have any really wonderful pictures, or if you find it hard to take them, I can take a pose from one picture and an expression from another and the colour of the coat from a third.
What is important is that I can see the animal clearly. I love large high resolution digital photographs to work from because I can put in so much more detail on the portrait. If the photo you send me is not sufficiently detailed, I may ask you for other photographs.

Composing elements of different photos into one drawing might take slightly longer than working from one photo, so email in advance to discuss any changes to the price.

If you want more than one animal, or a particular background, or any other special feature, email first and we can discuss it.

Ideally you can email me the reference photographs, but I will accept prints sent by snail mail. They will be returned with your drawing when it is shipped to you.

All reference photographs must be copy write free.

I can mat your picture if you want, and ship it flat, or roll it, unmatted and send it in a tube. This is the cheapest and safest way to send your drawing, but it is your choice. If you want it matted email and we can discuss the details.

My prices vary from one commission to the next, but they start at £40/$80 for the most basic portrait.

Please email all enquiries to pencilpets@btinternet.com

Or visit www.impshlady.etsy.com to browse my store.



This is a drawing of my SIL's Staffordshire Bull terrier.



It was challenging because the coat length and colour meant a very uniform amount of detail. As you can see i normally draw as much of the animal as i think looks nice. This is free and i do not charge extra for a leg or a bit of back or anything. Some pet portraitists seem to charge by the inch for dogs, which is silly. If a photo shows an animal sitting nicely why not draw it in that pose? Also if you get a great picture and then reduce it to just the animals head to make it affordable for the client, you are producing a much less interesting drawing for the sake of a few quid.

anyway rant over...enjoy my drawings and let me know if you want one of your furry friend.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home